2015 - Present: Senior Creative
I am involved in all stages of the product design process at Allthetopbananas.com. I listen carefully to the requirements needed for all new product concepts and sketch out ideas, create wireframes and prepare prototypes. I present ideas to colleagues and stakeholders and iterate based on feedback from group and/or individual meetings. I am part of the team creating html/css and also have experience using Bootstrap. I am happy to communicate, and work closely with, the dev team to ensure all product requirements can be met and ensure a smooth transition from design to dev and final publication.
I create the final graphics required for all web and app projects and strive to use current best practises to produce artwork to the highest standard.
I work alongside marketing and the social media team to create branded graphics, prepare blog content and produce online e-brochures and quarterly data reports.
My role also involves preparing promotional material for the Sales team including exhibition stands, branded clothing, business cards, flyers and giveaways.
My job not only involves web and app design, but also logos, and other opportunities to be creative. From exterior office signage to team hoodies, company Christmas cards to bespoke office artwork.
My work at Allthetopbananas.com is to solve problems and to do this creatively. Whatever project I work on I am mindful of the needs of the business, but always strive to keep the user front and centre.
2002 - present
I have worked with a wide range of clients on a variety of projects from web design to logo development, wine labels to ecommerce shops and more. I take great pride in building lasting relationships with all customers and am proud of the fact that I continue to have many of these connections after 15+ years. Please see testimonials at the bottom of this page.
2000 - 2002: Senior Web Designer
I was primarily employed as a web designer at Avatar but also created animations and touch screen interfaces for shops (The Body Shop) and visitor centres (Royal Yacht Britannia Tourist Centre).
My main focus within the large team of designers was the complete redesign of the National Trust website. The look and feel I created remained live from 2000 - 2006. I liaised frequently via phone, email and face-to-face meetings with the head of design and marketing to ensure brand guidelines were adhered to. I also worked closely with the National Trust's photo library to fully utilise the high quality imagery.
I took training sessions for National Trust staff and instructed groups of up to 8 on how to create new web pages based on templates I had created, along with instructions on best web practises.
European Infopoint Ltd (EIL)
1997 - 2000: Junior Web Designer
As a junior web designer I...
- learnt the basics of web design
- experienced rapid on the job training
- attended web design training courses and design expos
- learnt how to create basic user flow diagrams & wireframes
- listened to the needs of existing clients and maintained current websites
- developed designs for email templates
- supported the senior designer whenever required with preparing graphics, updating content, replying to customer queries, covering holidays and attending client briefings
- supported the company director at new face-to-face client meetings
- created marketing material
- worked with external designers on branding projects
- worked closely with the development team
- was sub-contracted to work with another local digital design company to work on series of screen layouts for DVD series
- created bespoke illustrations for both in-house and external projects
During my time at European Infopoint Ltd (EIL) I worked with experienced designers and developers on a wide range of projects from local council websites to property search web pages, online shopping sites for the US market to horse racing brochure sites.
- 1994 -1997 Portsouth University
- BA Hons: Art Design & Media specialising in Computer Animation
- 1992 - 1994 Portsmouth Art College
- Btec National Diploma General Art & Design
- 1990 - 1992 Porsmouth Sixth Form College
- A Level: Art and Design, Business Studies
- 1986 - 1990 Mayfield Comprehensive
- GCSE & AS Level
- "I have enjoyed working with Becky since setting up my business 17 years ago. As a Marketing consultancy helping clients with their own websites, it's really important that my own site is professional and impactful. Becky has helped me refresh my website several times, always coming up with creative ideas that reflect my site's objectives and brand values while maintaining a flair and usability that never fails to impress the clients I serve." Sarah Bird, Virgo Marketing
- "I have been working with Becky Gray for over 10 years. Becky is approachable and provides imaginative design ideas. In this time she has designed and re-designed the site, listening and understanding our requirements to ensure it appeals to our target market and provides strong brand presence." Tanya Kamm, Bourne Homes
- “Becky thank you, when I shared the vision I had for my new business, you came up straight away with a brand that totally summed up what I wanted. On my first outing, I had a brand manager for a large company compliment me on a great idea, with great branding! People regularly say they love it. I really appreciated your ideas, inspiration and quick efficient service, just love it, thank you.” Beverley, Beverley’s Bespoke Afternoon Tea
“We have been using Becky’s web design service since we started business in 2004. She designed our first website which exceeded our expectations and has continued to keep our content fresh and adapt the site as our business has developed and technology has changed.
We are delighted with our current version which is easy to navigate, mobile and tablet friendly. It showcases our products and services to our customers perfectly. The SEO generates plenty of sales leads.
Becky has a great knack of tuning in to what we’re looking for and always comes up with innovative designs and suggestions and on time. We would highly recommend Becky and its great doing business with her as she is an extremely nice person.” Tom Edwards & Frances Grange, Owner Directors Eco Office Plants Ltd.
“Becky is a very gifted designer - I have worked with her on a range of projects for different industries from luxury goods to property investment and for different medium including online and print. Each time, she has exceeded my expectations in ensuring she really gets inside the brief and coming up with solutions that were spot on.
Her technical skills are superb and her can-do attitude and enthusiasm mean she goes the extra mile to deliver and make the project a success.” Sally Evans, Owner, Chateau George 7 Vineyard
- “Becky’s work on our website over a significant period of time has been invaluable. The personal energy and interest she has invested in fully understanding our organisation, has enabled her support to align with our aims and ethos perfectly. Her approach is knowledgeable and insightful, and I consider her part of the Team here at NOCG.” Major Kenny Craig RM, Officer Commanding, Naval Outdoor Centre Germany